Cure stress, anxiety and depression
David Servan-Schreiber (2003) – Picture: Liguria 2015 –
… without pharmaceutical products or psychoanalysis
• There are no happy couples (lasting emotional relationship) without chronic conflicts
• Mismanagement of emotions is one of the main causes of weight gain in a society where stress is ubiquitous and food abundant.
- We feel an inner harmony (well-being) when the limbic (brain of emotions) and the cognitive (brain of thought) complement each other; one gives energy and direction, the other executes and moves us as intelligently as possible “I want to be where I want to be in my life”.
• The limbic brain (emotion, body physiology and survival) and the cortical brain (neocortex, language and thought). The limbic has a more rudimentary (primitive) structure but faster and more adapted to essential reactions to survival. It controls breathing, heart rate, sleep, libido … that is why it is often easier to access emotions through the body than through speech. The prefrontal cortex manages concentration, inhibition of impulses and instincts, moral behavior.
• 7 approaches: Cardiac coherence, EMDR, light, acupuncture, Omega-3, sport, Love
• Emotional communication: the 30 cousins of Aunt Esther; say yes and avoid diatribes (the most common behavior of people who say they are sensitive, respectful, not vague or passive-aggressive)? to get carried away (less frequent and more masculine but results in the rupture)? or assertive (non-violent) communication (respecting one’s own limitations and the need of the other)?